Want to challenge yourself?
If you are an imaginative, positive and down-to-earth person looking to discover your next step, we would love to hear from you.
A career at Six means being part of the team – It’s not just about hiring talent; we keep hold of our Sixers and help them grow, in return they know that working for each other is important to stay happy, connected and motivated.
We’re always keen to hear from proactive individuals about what you think you could offer our agency. Please contact us on email@example.com with your pitch.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a talented and ambitious Digital Design Director. You will be a hands-on designer, have strong, proven creative ideas and be able to work strategically with multi-channel digital at the forefront. This is a fantastic role for a confident creative leader who is full of ideas and able to bring the team and our clients along with you.
It is not a purely digital position, therefore an ability to have outstanding creative ideas and to think strategically is key. We’re looking for an amazing portfolio filled with exceptional work that will inspire and excite the team around you.
You’ll be working on a range of brands and work closely with the Creative Directors and Digital Director. You will bring fresh ideas and approaches, identifying opportunities with our leading clients, and work with our studio and wider digital team to bring your ideas to life through visualisation and prototyping. You will want to sell your ideas to our clients through deeply embedded and trusted relationships.
This is a great opportunity to line manage designers, helping them to progress and learn from your experience.
Your approach and manner must be open and inclusive with an upbeat style that works as smoothly with the client services team as it does the studio.
- Be a brilliant creative and strategic thinker across all online and offline channels, but specifically data strategy, eCRM, display and social
- A portfolio full of experience directing UX, UI and digital execution, including mobile and app based solutions/products
- Be interested in leading technologies and how they impact experiences and enhance creative thinking
- A great leader who can motivate and encourage the team
- The ability to have a strong voice and give clear direction, you will know ‘what good looks like’ in modern digital design
- Be articulate and enthusiastic with our clients making them excited by our work
- Possess a business approach to projects
- Work collaboratively and encouragingly with the team, partners and clients
- Mentor and lead a range of designers in the team
- Thorough knowledge of Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite
- An awareness but not necessarily the implementation techniques of jQuery, HTML5, CSS.
What makes a great Sixer
- Committed and confident
- Relentlessly energetic and positive
- Constantly challenging yourself to be better
- Perceptive and able to read situations to enable the best outcome
- Empathetic and encouraging of others
Six have an impressive and varied client list that includes both global and local clients; we pride ourselves on being independent, in business and mind. Offering a working environment to be proud of – now is a great time to join us and help shape the next chapter in our story and your own.
To apply, please send highlights from your portfolio and let us know how you can demonstrate what we’re looking for to become our Digital Design Director and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opportunity to attend a variety of design and industry events on Six
- 22 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays, rising with length of service
- Christmas closure
- Company pension scheme (above average – 5% contribution)
- Training budget and bespoke personal development plan with access to industry specific training/courses/events.
- Cycle to work and travel loan schemes, childcare vouchers
- Dedicated events team organising regular socials, crafting sessions, lunch swaps, sport events and Friday desk beers
- Lunch and learn sessions (expand your knowledge with lunch on Six)
- Monthly seated massages and lunchtime yoga classes
- Breakfast on Six; fruit, smoothies, toast and all the fresh coffee you can drink
- Lovely open plan office in a converted chapel, based in the heart of Clifton
The other side of Six
The latest and greatest from our Instagram.