Want to challenge yourself?
If you are an imaginative, positive and down-to-earth person looking to discover your next step, we would love to hear from you.
A career at Six means being part of the team – It’s not just about hiring talent; we keep hold of our Sixers and help them grow, in return they know that working for each other is important to stay happy, connected and motivated.
We’re always keen to hear from proactive individuals about what you think you could offer our agency. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your pitch.
- Design and drive your own team
- Full business support and investment
- Real career progression, fun, sociable agency
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced PHP specialist to lead our already strong development team. You will work in partnership with our Digital Director to evaluate new and innovative technologies to support digital growth and drive the agency forward.
You will work collaboratively across the business in a key senior role, building trust through seamless communication and execution of your commitments. You need strong time management skills to help with requirements gathering, client support, prototyping, and project leadership.
You will have the unique opportunity to take an active role in forming our development standards and processes. We are looking for someone with a proven experience and confidence.
You will need to be up-to-date on the latest trends and you will have designed and be comfortable architecting solutions with multiple integration points whilst working with and guiding 3rd party and client teams.
You will be comfortable presenting technical information to clients in a straightforward manner.
If you have a real passion for programming and leadership, and are driven to build your career with equal levels of autonomy and support, inspiring those around you – this is the opportunity for you! We are currently lining up a number of exciting projects for 2018, across a number of industries and varying, complimentary technologies.
This is a great chance to join a well-established consultancy based in a stunning converted church close to the vibrant Triangle area.
If you’d like to join us, you must have these attributes
- Communicate in a senior professional manner with both colleagues and clients
- Understanding of how a creative digital agency operates and delivers it’s services
- An understanding of leading processes, software’s and tools
- An eagerness to learn and explore new ways of working and new technologies
- Experience pitching and presenting your ideas
- Ability to inspire and excite, and gain backing for your ideas
- Some analytics and SEO knowledge
We hire on attitude and are looking for someone wants to achieve great things as part of our team. We want you to care about inspiring those around you, and to love your job, ensuring others love theirs.
The ability to absorb new challenges and technologies quickly. Ideally you will have experience of working in an agency environment and enjoy the challenges it brings. You’ll be happy working closely with our client services teams and sometimes be required to communicate and guide our clients, and us, but just as happy spending a day coding on your own.
- Extensive and proven experience in PHP
- MVC Frameworks, Laravel, Zend, Symfony2, CodeIgniter
- MySQL and API expertise
- Good HTML/CSS abilities
- Git version control
- Ability to deploy and manage applications on AWS
- Experience using front-end automation tools (Grunt, Gulp)
- Knowledge of JIRA/BitBucket/Confluence tools and features
- Drupal experience a benefit
- Linux server administration.
- JS / Angular / React
If you feel that you have the skills and collaborative approach that we’re looking for, please send your CV to email@example.com and include examples of your work.
- Fantastic working environment
- 22 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays as standard for all employees. Holiday rises with length of service and company Christmas closure which is additional to your holiday entitlement
- Dedicated events team organising regular socials, crafting sessions, lunch swaps, sports events and Friday desk beers
- Attend a variety of networking and industry events on Six
- Monthly seated massages and yoga classes
- Company pension scheme (above average – 5% contribution)
- Training budget and bespoke personal development plan
- Cycle to Work scheme and free eye-tests
- Lunch and learns from internal and external experts
- Opportunities to present and grow your presentation skills
- Breakfast on Six; fruit, smoothies, toast and all the fresh coffee you can drink
- Lovely open plan office in a converted chapel, based in the heart of Clifton
The other side of Six
The latest and greatest from our Instagram.